I ate lunch with a friend today… and he said he was with a Mormon friend, and the Mormon asked him “Do you think I’m going to hell?”
Let’s put it right out there on the table! I appreciate that. I wish we all talked more seriously, and then respected each’s opinions.
Anyway… my friend is doing a good job answering him, looking up some more stuff for the next time, etc.
But it had me thinking. Ok. So I’ll let God be God, but I’d turn around and ask the Mormon to respond to some thought provoking questions, and consider if what he believes, and what a Christian believes, are the same.
1) Are Jesus and Lucifer really brothers? Did Jesus come up with the better plan on how to start and save the world, so YHWH chose Jesus’ plan?
2) Was YHWH really a man like me a long time ago… who progressed to be the God of his own Universe (ours)?
3) Can I really be a god myself one day… if I live the righteous life?
4) Will Joseph Smith judge with Jesus Christ?
5) Will I also decide if my wife makes it to heaven?
6) Is Jesus really Moroni the angel?
7) Then… if the first 2 Testaments, Old and New, reveal all contrary answers to the Mormon’s answers to the above… do you and I really believe in the same God?
I had a couple Mormon Elders visit my house. One was very sincere, the other one not so much. I asked them… so here you are, working hard, I commend you for that, but… What do you want from me? What do you want from this visit if I never see you again?
They struggled for an answer. Really struggled.
Finally… they conjured up an answer, only cause I forced it, of their hopes that I’d maybe let another Elder come… or that I’d come to their Church.
I then requested if I could share with them what I would want if I was going door to door, or actually, what I did truly want from them right there in my den. They said I could share.
And I very simply, clearly, shortly, presented the Good News of Jesus to them… requesting their conversion and salvation on the spot.
It didn’t happen.
It made me sad… all the work they were doing… and they didn’t even know what the end goal really was. They were just out slugging it door to door, getting rejected and blasted, riding bicycles, … for 2 years… to try to earn their approval with God. Dang.
So… I was just thinking about it.
God I love Mormons… and I know You do… help me to understand them… and be used to draw them closer to You!