Hey TMCC Folks,
1) I’ve been considering our Worship Time on Sunday mornings and I want you to know that I realize it has been a little bit “lazy” and “undisciplined” to a degree.
Now we all probably have a bit of varying opinions on this… we don’t want to limit the Holy Spirit… but in general… I want to tighten up a bit on our time.
2) When I allow Worship to go too long… then that cuts into SS time and that’s not fair to John or anyone else teaching. And if we go long… that makes it hard for Carol and the Children.
3) Currently I realize Church to SS is going about 3 hours…9:30am-12:30pm, that’s pretty long, and hard especially for the kids.
I love it… and it hasn’t bothered me a bit…
yet I think for you and in our culture it’s reasonable to tighten it and be a bit more disciplined.
You WILL have to participate in this too though. (Like arriving before 9:31am… oh and I love you though.)
4) I’ve cut my sermons from 50minutes to 30minutes.
Prayer time should still have priority… so i’ll probably shorten worship songs by one or two depending how the service flows.
5) So Basically (without being legalistic):
9:30am Prayer to start… Worship Music begins on time.
9:35am Group Prayer and Praise Reports.
9:50am Worship Songs
10:10am Break up for Fellowship
10:15am 7 minute segment
11:15am SS Begins.
Noon Sunday School Ends.
Fellowship til you leave.
6) This will not be easy for any of us…. yet I do think we can relaxingly appropriate this schedule without feeling like we are a slave to some time structure… while at the same time… not going on and on and on without any discipline. I’m the chief of sinners here… I know it… so let’s work together.
I just want to be open and honest about how I see this and will change it… your kind opinion is always appreciated.
I hope to see you this Sunday!
In Christ, Mark